Grands As Parents (G.A.P’s) advocates making the necessary changes in our society for the preservation of children to grow into adulthood. GAP’s is a collaborative effort of various community partners. GAP’s concept recognizes the needs of relative caregivers. North Central Philadelphia is the focus of the GAP’s initiative. Relative caregivers are a growing segment of this and other Philadelphia communities.
G.A.P’s is unique in that it takes the form of a support group as well as an advocate for the rights of the family.
G.A.P’s services include:
- Stress Management
- Crisis Management
- Home and Community Safety
- Social, Recreational, and Cultural Events
- Establishing working relationships with various community resources
- Addressing the issues of children and teens at risk
- Sharing resources with families caring for special needs children.